Home School Agreement
The School will:
- Care for all pupils in the way in which parents would care.
- Take responsible action in line with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy available to view at under policies.
- Address the educational needs of each child according to their age, aptitude and ability.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Inform parents about National Curriculum requirements and the strategies currently used in school.
- Keep parents informed about school activities through letters home.
- Guide and train pupils to behave according to the school’s Pupil Behaviour and Anti-Bullying Policy.
- Inform parents of their child’s development and progress at school, through Parents’ evenings, school reports and informal discussions.
The Family will:
- Encourage children to support, value and enjoy all aspects of school life.
- Make sure child arrives at school on time – between 8.40 and 8.50am. The whistle is blown at 8.50am and all children are expected to be in school by then.
- Ensure children are not in school unsupervised before 8.40am.
- Ensure that the school is aware of any medical condition that the child may have.
- Ensure that no medication is taken into school without a medical consent form being completed giving full details of dosage and when it should be administered.
- Make sure the child attends regularly and provide a note of explanation if child is absent.
- Attend meetings and discussions about the child’s progress as and when necessary.
- Ensure children are well presented in school uniform, and suitable clothing and footwear are provided, taking into consideration activities and weather.
- Advise the school of any change of emergency contact telephone numbers or address as soon as possible.
- Ensure they follow the school’s learning policy.
- Try to support the Oldfield School Association events and others run by the school.
- Ensure they see and respond to all letters sent home by the school.
The Child will:
- Be respectful, honest and friendly to everyone at school.
- Take good care of the equipment, grounds and building.
- Try to behave sensibly at all times.
- Respect other people’s belongings.
- Always try to do his/her best.
- Do as he/she is told by the school’s Staff.
- Give letters from school to parent/s.